Dispute Resolution Strategic Outcomes
Our Commercial Litigation Focus
Whilst many clients prefer to avoid disputation, commercial disagreements are a fact of life. CharterLaw Legal adopts a balanced and reasoned commercial approach to Commercial litigation and dispute resolution. Whether a client is the protagonist, the aggrieved party or unwilling defendant in a dispute, we closely examine all aspects of a dispute including the technical issues as well as the underlying factors which may be driving the dispute before “rushing of to court”.
Where appropriate, we actively encourage alternative dispute resolution at an early stage. We litigate only when it is necessary to achieve a satisfactory commercial and financial outcome for our clients and not to create legal precedent.
CharterLaw Legal can also provide strategic legal advice to assist you to avoid potential litigation by assisting you to “lay off” risk and in circumstances where settlement is the only appropriate outcome, we can apply our tax knowledge and tax resources to see if the settlement cannot be made “Tax functional”.
Our team is focused on identifying our clients’ commercial objectives at an early stage and will strive to achieve them. CharterLaw Legal can provide advice and assistance in the following areas
- Competition and Consumer Law
- Contract Law
- Construction Contract Law
- Corporations Law and Securities
- Dispute resolution, including building and construction, contacts and commercial, and property
- Government power and Administration Law
- Insolvency and reconstructions
- Insurance contract and financial services litigation
- Intellectual property, copyright, trademarks, computers and software
- Shareholder disputes and oppression proceedings
- Property disputes
- Tax litigation
- Financial Services disputes and recoveries